Friday, December 19, 2008

Great day at Balboa Pier

It's raining here in Southern California which means one thing, great photo conditions. I spent a half a day under the Balboa pier taking pictures at low tide which I find to be the best time for my type of photos. I have tried to take photos here in the past at high tide but I find myself pinned up against the back of the pier. There is something amazingly peaceful and cleansing about the beach during the rain. I have a chance to block everything out and have an absolute laser focus on my creative process. I was so focused that I didn't realize the wind had pushed my open umbrella up behind me. I felt a tap on my back and it startled me thinking someone had snuck up behind me. I hadn't seen another person on the beach for two hours so I turned around ready to throw some blows...only to find out I would be fighting with a pugilistic umbrella. I thought the photo session was a success and have posted new photos on my website: www.jerryhiller.com

No comments:

Post a Comment