Monday, February 23, 2009

The Festival of Arts Judging

Last weekend I was invited to submit physical samples of my photos for the final round of judging for The Festival of Arts in Laguna Beach. Unfortunately, I was given less than two weeks notice that I needed three samples to submit so I didn't have the luxury of planning ahead. The week prior to last was pretty crazy as I rushed around trying to get the samples printed and framed. Fortunately, Mark Shima at Island Productions was a HUGE help. I've had the pleasure of knowing Mark for the last 10 years and would highly recommend him for any of your artistic reproduction needs. Mark also recommended I work with the guys at Leon Picture Frames in Anaheim, and it was the right call. I worked with Norman Meinhardt, who is a very talented photographer in his own right, and he made some excellent recommendations and jumped through hoops to get everything framed on time. He actually got it done a day early which is customer service at its best. If you need framing done in Orange County you should look up Leon Picture Framing.

On Saturday morning I took my artwork and easels down to the Boys and Girls club of Laguna Beach to set it up for judging. This was the first time I have gone through a judging process like this so I learned a lot. Everyone at the event was very friendly and overall it was a fantastic experience. There were some very talented artists showing there work so I'm not overly confident I will get accepted into the festival. Anyhow, I will find out this Wednesday how well I did so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment