Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What? Top 20% ain't good enough?

Today was the day the Laguna Festival of Arts announced the results of last weekends artistic judging competition. Based on the scoring results, I was in the top 20% of all 260+ applicants, which isn't bad. Unfortunately for me, the festival only accepts the top 10% to exhibit and sell their artwork during this summer's event. Am I disappointed? Sure I am. The festival is a great opportunity to get exposure and sell, sell sell. However, considering this is my first judged competition I don't think I did too badly. Also, like I said yesterday, the people that work at the event were fantastic and in particular, Kathy Pitts was such a huge help. Borrowing the mantra from Cubs fans, "There is always next year."

Time to move on and keep being passionate about my work. Stay tuned because I should be starting on a new series soon that I have been conceptualizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment